TuneList - Make your site Live
Corgi

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Here I am

Here I am arrived at UMK, studying my degree program offered by the generous government. AFter all, how smart they are to pick me the eighth choice.

Preparation for the first semester never seem enough, and it took me the whole month to figure out and buy the items that required for my life here in hostel. And still I lack a few items to buy, only to figure that out when I actually start staying here in the hostel. Even though Pantai Timur Hypermarket just around the corner, I still wishes to be able to buy another water supply for me now. Look at the water I got from the pipe:

This is water we will get if we put rusted pipe in the water for at time. I guess the university never concern about of our health, OR maybe they're providing us with free "mineral" water. I guess nobody will have iron deficiency symptom living on the water =D haha. Of course these "mineral" water is very costly, so the hostel management decided to turn off the water on one block few times everyday, so to see who is lucky enough just happened to showering with shampoo all around during the "mineral water spa".......

 The journey to Kelantan from Kulim was quite...well the good thing is by the car we won't need to pass through any toll. However, we must drive along the road where the giant snake once left as a path. It was a blessing I didn't throw up, or met any wild life while on the road. I could met one or two elephants though and ask them bring me water some times, that'd be good too =D

While living in these poor but paid environment, I still have mine birthday celebrated! Even though away from home, friends and family, new friends and acquaintances held up a surprise birthday celebration for me and another friend who share the same birthdate =D It was a happy night.


 Staying here for a month now and I miss my home a lot. I wonder how big the tortoises has grown? I got some pictures snapped right from where they staying =)


Few more weeks and they probably have difficulties to turn their body! haha. Never get a photo yet for the big one though. From the picture here the bigger one ought to be green tea, and the smaller one red tea. That's their name yeah. They started out same size but one is more active and have more appetite that's how they differ now.

I miss my mom and her cooking now. Getting hungry! It's lunch time. Missing the freedom of food back in the hometown, I hardly find pork now here in Kelantan except that Chinatown which I unable to reach by walking ;) Anyway, I'm looking forward to back in Kulim ...and visit Penang for its food!!! Regardless of all daging and ayam that mostly found here I think I've put up some weight too. Haha now that's a blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment